Source: gmanews.tv

-- After knocking out Mexican challenger Tomas Rojas in two rounds to retain WBC and WBA super flyweight belts, Vic Darchinyan declared his strong desire to face off with old rival Nonito Donaire, Jr.

“Every night when I go to sleep or I’m preparing for a fight, I’m dreaming of a rematch with Nonito Donaire," Darchinyan said after disposing of Rojas with a sidewinder left at 2:54 of the second round Saturday at the Agua Caliente Casino in Rancho Mirage, California (Sunday in Manila).

“It's all up to my promoter Gary Shaw," added the “Raging Bull," whom the “Filipino Flash" shamed the first time they tangled in December 2007 with a fifth round TKO that won Ring Magazine’s “Upset of the Year" and “Knockout of the Year" plaudit.

Shaw, incidentally the estranged promoter of Donaire, said his group is currently negotiating with the Bohol-born Filipino’s current promoter Top Rank to make the fight happen.

Donaire, the reigning WBA interim super flyweight holder, has time and again said he’s game for a second gig with Darchinyan .

“I’ve been waiting for that fight. I’m here and I hope he’s got enough confidence for him to step up into the ring with me again," Donaire said Sunday in an interview with PhilBoxing.Com’s Ronnie Nathanielsz.

The 27-year-old Donaire said he’s been seeking a rematch with Darchinyan since their first clash but lamented that the Armenian-Australian’s camp has been stalling initial talks.

0 comments

Post a Comment

https://www.tsection.com/ MyWay Web Directory

Subscribe here