Source: gmanews.tv

-- There were no sharp words against Manny Pacquiao this time but undefeated ring superstar Floyd Mayweather Jr. maintained that the Pacman will suffer the same fate as his previous 40 rivals.

Appearing at the Joe Buck Live program in the US, Mayweather conceded that Pacquiao is "good" but that "Money Mayweather" is still the best in prizefighting.

"I think he’s a good fighter," a rather "respectful" Mayweather said, as quoted by Examiner.Com Wednesday (Manila time).

"I’ve been around the sport a long time. I’ve been dominating the sport for 15 years now. Nobody has defeated me yet so we’ll have to see," he added.

Negotiations for the Pacquiao-Mayweather fight have significantly progressed with both pound-for-pound superstars said to be agreeing in principle to lock mitts on March 13.

Promoters are also set to check out the Dallas Cowboys Stadium on Wednesday as possible venue for the much-anticipated tussle, which is expected to break pay-per-view records.

Mayweather, who has previously described Pacquiao as "one-dimensional," boasted that fans should not expect an upset victory in favor of the Filipino ring idol who has been beaten thrice before.

"The thing I think is that I don’t want the fans to be really shocked by what happens. It’s nothing new because he’s been knocked out before and he’s lost before. I’ll be victorious, you can believe that," he said.

Mayweather, though, failed to acknowledge that Pacquiao’s two previous losses via knockout (in 1996 and 1999) were an offshoot of his struggles at the weight at that time. Likewise, since losing a decision to Erik Morales in March 2005, Pacquiao has strung up 11 straight wins, highlighted by his demolition of Oscar de la Hoya, Ricky Hatton and Miguel Cotto, on his way to a record seventh division title.

"I already know what’s going to happen. Once we get in that square circle, it’s just me and him, one on one. My record shows I am the best at what I do. I’ve been champion my whole career basically," Mayweather said.

The Mayweather camp has been known to doing trash talk against their rivals and the outspoken father of the fighter, Floyd. Sr., came to the extent of insinuating that Pacquiao might have taken performance-enhancing substances in making his ascent in weight.

But the 30-year-old Filipino, who has denied the dope accusation and actually tested negativefor illegal substances, is apparently taking the Mayweather trash talk in stride.

0 comments

Post a Comment

https://www.tsection.com/ MyWay Web Directory

Subscribe here