Source: ABS-CBN News

MANILA, Philippines – Former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Rua” Shogun said his rematch against Forrest Griffin in UFC Rio isn’t just about vindication.

He said it is a key to get him closer to another title shot.

Getting the record even is a big motivation,” said Rua, a former PRIDE middleweight title holder.

But more importantly, Forrest is a great fighter and my dream is to get the belt again. I know that beating Forrest will get me closer to a title shot,” he added in an interview with UFC.com.

Rua lost to Griffin via rear naked choke in UFC 76.

I think about it a lot,” admitted Shogun.

Rua wanted to make sure he won’t make the same mistake against Griffin.

I'm training hard and doing as much as I can so I don't get tired. That was my biggest mistake in the first fight,” said the 29-year-old mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter.

0 comments

Post a Comment

https://www.tsection.com/ MyWay Web Directory

Subscribe here