Source: ABS-CBN News
MANILA, Philippines - New Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) heavyweight champion Junior Dos Santos expects to make his first title defense against former champion Brock Lesnar.
Dos Santos won the heavyweight belt when he fought Cain Velasquez last Saturday via a stunning 64-second knockout, in what was UFC's debut on FOX network.
Lesnar, meanwhile, will battle Alistair Overeem for the right to face Dos Santos at UFC 141.
"I will be watching the fight. I don't know who will win, but I'll think I'll go with Brock," Dos Santos said in an ESPN interview.
He added, however, that he is not the one who chooses his opponent.
"I'm not thinking about that now. I want to go back to Brazil and make a big BBQ for all my friends and training partners," he added.
Dos Santos' first title defense may not be for a while, however, as he suffered from a torn meniscus and may have to undergo surgery.
Thursday, November 17, 2011
0 comments