Source: gmanews.tv
-- Fresh from another triumph in the ring, Fil-Am Ana “The Hurricane" Julaton is looking to win another belt to add up to her IBA and WBO super-bantamweight crowns and at the same time win over more fans for female boxing.
The Daly City-based fighter continued her rise as among the preeminent female boxers today with a unanimous decision victory over Donna “Nature Girl" Biggers to cop the inaugural WBO 122-lb tiara last Friday in San Jose, California.
This followed up her majority decision triumph over Kelsey Jeffries in their showdown for the vacant IBA super bantamweight crown last September.
“I unified two belts. I hope I can unify another belt," Julaton (6-1-1, 1 KO) was quoted in a report posted on 15rounds.com.
Other world champions in the division include WBC and WBA queen Marcela Acuña of Argentina and WIBF holder Esther Shouten of The Netherlands but Julaton is not about to call out any names just yet.
“It would be nice to unify all of the titles, but we will see what is best to set up big, exciting fights to get a lot more fans involved with female fighting. I just want to sit back, soak everything in for right now and see what’s next," she said.
The 29-year-old Julaton aims for more than just world titles, though. She ultimately wants to help boost the popularity of women’s boxing among regular fight fans, especially in the US.
“There is a big movement and momentum with the women’s fight game. I feel we are close to bringing it to the mainstream here in America," said Julaton, who drew 3,943 fans during her win over Biggers at the HP Pavilion in San Jose.
Love Reading Your Blog
Thanks fore shareing helpfull information
Thanks
Love Reading Your Blog
Thanks fore shareing helpfull information
Thanks
Thanks fore shareing helpfull information
Love Reading Your Blog
Thanks fore shareing helpfull information
Thanks